Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Office of Professional Medical Conduct (New York State) continues its investigation of Claudia Holland, M.D. I have Senator Charles Schumer to thank for writing on my behalf to the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Health, Dr. Richard Daines.

I just watched Michael Moore's film "Sicko." Very grim. Not only is there no political will to improve medical care in this country, but even if there were--which there isn't--it would take decades to get the U.S. out of its current state of health care chaos.

Of course, based on my experience, I am of the mind that the whole "Patient Bill of Rights" is a fraud. My rights were completely trampled. Organizations like the Office of Professional Medical Conduct could help if they could get their act together. My case is now more than a year and a half old (when I was told it would only take six months). Any witnesses in the operating room of Dr. Holland's unprofessional, abusive conduct have long forgotten it.

On a sad note, I received a letter from the executive assistant of the OPMC, in which she gets Dr. Holland's name completely wrong. In the subject line, and in the body of the letter, she writes "Dr. Claudia Cooke." I hope there's not a real Dr. Claudia Cooke! I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining about Dr. Cooke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home